We released a report “Silencing the voices of Okinawans” with the International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR).
The joint report (3 February 2017) illustrates the systematic violation of freedom of expressions in Okinawa, addressing the following issues:
- The accelerating oppression on the protest activity;
- Riot police officer’s “Dojin” remark incident;
- Mainland media’s biased coverage of Okinawa;
- Issues related to human rights remedy system;
- The legal basis for a Yellow Line at the gates of U.S. military bases and its arbitrary application; and
- List of violence, detention and arrests in Henoko and Takae, Okinawa (2014-2017).
Joint Report "Silencing the Voices of Okinawans" (3 February 2017)